Sensitive Skin Q&A
What is sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin can occur when the natural skin lipid barrier has been weakened causing nerve endings to become inflamed and reactive.
How is sensitive skin caused?
There are several factors that can cause sensitive skin:
- Internal factors such as hormones, or genetics
- Environmental factors such as the sun, excessive heat, air conditioning, pollution, dirt
- Irritations from skincare products and make-up
- Irritations after cosmetic procedures that can cause the skin to be sensitised
- External factors such as lifestyle, diet, stress
How do I know if I have sensitive skin?
- Often feels tight and uncomfortable
- Can feel sensitive to touch and sometimes even sore
- Dries very quickly and can become flaky
- Flushes easily, showing signs of redness that may or may not disappear
- Texture can appear uneven
- Reacts very easily when using skincare and make-up products
- Can become itchy and irritated with detergents
- Turns red and dries out after a hot shower or bath
How do I resolve sensitive skin issues and illuminate ongoing?
- Avoid environmental factors that can trigger and cause skin irritations
- Reduce or avoid the use of cosmetic products that can cause irritations
- Replace with products that have been specially formulated to reduce irritations
- Protect the skin from harsh external elements such as the sun, wind, extreme cold
What ingredients are best to avoid in skincare if I have sensitive skin?
- Alcohol, fragrance, artificial colours
- Avoid known ingredients that can cause irritations
- Avoiding individual triggers can help eliminate symptoms
Can I use Recoverëderm if I don’t have sensitive skin?
Absolutely! Dr. LeWinn’s Recoverëderm has been formulated using gentle active ingredients that deliver superior calming and soothing benefits. The range has also been dermatologist tested on sensitive skin users to ensure the right tolerance and suitability for skin sensitivities.
How long before I see results?
Sensitive skin will feel instant comfort and soothing on application thanks to the textures and ingredients included. The skin barrier function will continue to improve with continuous application In clinical and user trials, 90% of users noticed an improvement in their overall skin condition in just 1 week*
Can I use Recoverëderm while pregnant?
We recommend consulting your doctor before starting any new skincare regime.