Hydration At Home with Dr. LeWinn's
‘Tis the season for dry skin and not-so-welcome changes to our complexion. Although we love the cosy nights in by the heater, we are not in love with our Summer glow becoming a pale no! Low humidity levels, colder weather and spending a longer time under the hot shower, leaves our skin feeling dehydrated and dry.
Dehydrated skin can affect any skin type. Skin feels tight, flaky and has very fine horizontal lines. The skin is the largest organ of the body and it is also the last one to receive water, which makes topical treatments extremely important.
Here are some ways that you can fight dry, flaky, irritated skin while replenishing and giving it a boost during these Winter months.
While some people prefer the feeling of a gel or foam cleanser, a cream cleanser will contain added nourishing oils for the skin. Dr. LeWinn’s Gentle Cream Cleanser contains nourishing Avocado and Apricot Oil that restores skin hydration and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. Applied to dry skin, massage in with dampened fingers all over the face, neck and décolletage, then gently wipe off with a warm face cloth to lift away excess cleanser and impurities to reveal smooth, comfortable and hydrated skin.
Why exfoliate? Whether you choose a mechanical or enzyme exfoliation, you will see benefits in skin rejuvenation and cell turnover. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and helps with product penetration into the skin – such as your favourite serum or mask. It leaves skin feeling soft and smooth while also promoting a brighter and more radiant complexion.
A build-up of dry, dead skin cells can leave the skin appearing dull and flaky; this can also lead to clogged pores and the inability for the skin to absorb moisture. While the gentle biodegradable jojoba esters in Dr. LeWinn’s Essentials Facial Polishing Gel will gently remove the dead skin cells and unclog pores, the soothing Aloe Vera will hydrate the skin leaving it soft and smooth.
Dr. LeWinn’s Reversaderm Corrective Skin Peel can also be applied 2-3 nights a week under your night cream. While you sleep, the active ingredients dissolve away dead skin cells which can be simply rinsed away during your morning cleansing routine.
*TIP For best results, apply Facial Polishing Gel and Reversaderm Corrective Skin Peel on alternate days.
Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant which is a water loving ingredient that draws water to the skin – perfect for extra hydration! It is known as the ‘moisture magnet’ and has the incredible ability to hold 1000x its weight in water, making it an essential component to hydrate, smooth and plump the skin.
Line Smoothing Complex Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Essences delivers highly concentrated active ingredients that deliver an instant shot of hydration to the skin. Containing a Hyaluronic Acid Tri Complex that can penetrate the skin twice as fast as standard Hyaluronic Acid to deliver superior hydration and plumping benefits. Applied under serum, this fast absorbing essence will instantly boost the performance of your moisturiser.
Delivering an infusion of highly potent ingredients that hydrate, plump and brighten your skin for a glowing complexion during winter, a mask couldn’t be easier. Using the latest bio-cellulose technology, a luxurious gel like material which acts like a second skin to adhere perfectly to the face and allows a higher moisture level for actives to penetrate skin more effectively. To Instantly boost hydration, apply the Dr. LeWinn’s Private Formula Vitamin & Mineral Nourishing Face Mask loaded with serum, antioxidants and multi vitamins.
*TIP Apply directly after a shower when the skin is warm and leave for 20 minutes. Remove and massage excess serum into the skin. No rinsing required.
Exfoliate the lips with the Dr. LeWinn’s Facial Polishing Gel and apply Ultra R4 Collagen Plumping Lip Mask. Leave on the skin for 15 minutes, discard mask and massage excess serum into the skin for instant plumping and fuller looking lips.
* TIP: Apply 1 drop of Line Smoothing Complex Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Essences directly onto lips before bed to help plump, smooth out lines and improve hydration while you sleep.
1. After cleansing the skin, apply the Dr. LeWinn’s Line Smoothing Complex Hyaluronic Acid & Caffeine Under Eye Mask, loaded with potent serum to help reduce undereye puffiness and dark circles.
2. For added hydration, apply any of the Dr. LeWinn’s eye creams. The Ultra R4 Eye Repair Cream is a great option that is clinically proven, containing active peptides to reduce puffiness, dark circles and under-eye bags.
* TIP apply with a tapping motion along the orbital bone using your ring finger as this will also help increase circulation in the area.
If your hands are feeling a little dry or just look like they need some love, follow our 2 simple steps to renourish and replenish lost hydration.
1. Next time you’re using your Eternal Youth Skin Polishing Exfoliant, use the excess on your fingers and massage into the back of your hands to soften and brighten the skin.
2. For a superior hand treatment, apply a generous amount of Dr. Lewinn’s Hand & Nail Cream before applying cotton or plastic gloves. For best results, apply before bed.
If you have sensitive skin, you may be all too familiar with stinging, inflamed or flaky skin and the Winter months can make things worse!
The Recoverëderm range harnesses the power of Bio-active Marine Algae and is designed to instantly calm, soothe and comfort sensitive skin, while also targeting the visible signs of ageing.
From the Ultra-Calming Restorative Cleanser which soothes and calms irritated skin, to the Intensive Overnight Barrier Repair Balm which helps to reduce redness and retain skin moisture^, you can rely on the range to ensure your complexion is well hydrated and relaxed.
How to get the most from your products and ensure value for money
1. When applying toner, dampen your cotton pads and squeeze out excess water from your cotton pads before spraying with toner, this will ensure the cotton pads don’t over absorb.
2. Use a spatula to remove your creams from your jars, not just for hygiene reasons, but we sometimes can be a little heavy handed with our fingers and often use way too much.
3. Introduce a serum - Often people notice that their skin is needing extra moisture during the change of season, and by introducing a serum with extra hydrating benefits can give the skin an instant hydration boost without having to wear a rich, heavy cream.
4. Night time is the right time – Skin cells do their greatest renewal and repair while you sleep at night. Introduce an essence, serum or nourishing night cream to restore essential hydration and skin radiance.