Rainbow Salad with Creamy Avocado Collagen Dressing Recipe
Developed in collaboration with Nutritionist Steph Geddes.
- 1 x large sweet potato, cut into 1cm thick semi-circles
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 120g rocket
- 1 x red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 x red cabbage, finely shaved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 x sachet of Marine Collagen Peptide+ Inner Beauty Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 x avocado
- 2 tablespoons Greek/natural yoghurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the sweet potato and chickpeas on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle over the cumin, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and toss before roasting for 30-40 minutes or until the sweet potato is slightly browned and chickpeas are crunchy.
- Meanwhile, combine the rocket, capsicum, cabbage, olives and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding the Marine Collagen Peptide+ Inner Beauty Powder to the water and stir well to dissolve. Add the collagen, water, avocado, yoghurt, basil, lemon zest, remaining lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blitz until smooth (add more water if needed to reach a pourable consistency).
- Add the sweet potato and chickpeas to the salad and pour over the dressing. Serve with extra basil leaves if desired.